Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mood Swings

A bad habit that I got into last year was expecting every drawing to be perfect, but I continuously found faults and errors in the drawing. I would labor away and waste hours and hours over drawing after drawing to get the perfect something. It was kinda like beating my head against a wall.

With these simple illustrations, I am trying to limit myself to just one illustration a day done within a half hour to an hour. This is so I don't place too much emphasis on these drawings, and if there are problems in the drawing, who cares, learn from it, and move on.

Alas, the perfectionist in me says "that's not right! that's not right!" and I ended up doing a number of drawings again looking for that perfect line. I became so angry that the end result was Larry Bear being really really frustrated. Which I hope shows through the brushwork and color.




No comments:

Post a Comment