Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Charcoal Drawings

This is the second part on my musings:

Fast foward 10 years, I don't drawing screaming evil-spawn kids anymore (or melting baby skulls I remember one of my classmates told me). However, I still look for the expressiveness of that work.

When I did these few illustrations, I began thinking of H.A. Rey's Curious George since my work started reflecting a bit of that aesthetic. I don't think I have looked at a Curious George book in many years, but I remember as a kid reading the couple books I saw and seeing some of the claymation videos (I think they were). Then a recent picture book I read that I loved and reminds me of the fifties' picture books I read (Boot and Shoe if anyone wants to read it).






And finally, my work.









No comments:

Post a Comment