Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

NJSCBWI Showcase



I did not mention this yet. Last month, I participated in the New Jersey's annual SCBWI conference which I always love attending. The most rewarding thing from these weekends is connecting with many different creative minds from all over. It's great because every once in a while, I come out of the foxhole that is my workspace and get to talk shop with many different people. It humbles me to see all the talent that is congregated in one conference.

Along with a few other illustrators, I was given an award as the winner in the Best Unpublished Illustrator category! Below are the other illustrators whose work won, receieved honorable mentions, or I personally voted for in the Fan Favorite category. I consider myself lucky to be among these illustrators' work.

artshowvesperdowntheshore-sat
Vesper Stamper




artshow20140701DCuneoSummerNight72
Deborah Cuneo

artshowclairLousyDay
Clare Lordon  




artshow jasonSHORE sketch 6
Jason Kirschner




If you're interested in many more amazing illustrations from the conference, Kathy Temean's blog is filled to the brim with much amazing talent from the conference and beyond. I'm happy that I went.

Now, a doodle for people who hate naysayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment