Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Design Work?


I am currently putting my design portfolio together to help me find a new job. One that pays better! Hopefully.....one that will be super fun! Hopefully...... and so on.

I don't know when this particular idea came to fruition, but over the past couple weeks, I've been reading about human population growth and how civilization constantly tries to work around critical mass, the level at which a population begins exceeding its environment's resources. Needless to say, the tripling of the human population in the past 100 years now brings to mind what will be the next invention or revolution to continue to support the human population. I don't like particularly thinking about what may happen in 40 years when the human population reaches 9 billion and all of earth's resources being exhausted. It's a strange feeling.

Anyhow, I came up with this idea out of my head, and put it to paper. I wanted to use a really bold, slab serif typeface and chose Rockwell extra bold. Then I tracked the letters as close as possible to make a crowded feeling which serves the theme well. Then making the o's were fun.

I realize that I do enjoy making design, but I like the handmade stuff so much more. Using the computer as a tool, it does help me give many new viable options. However, drawing is the best part of the work. Drawing about 500-1000 tiny faces I say and then block painting them was the best. It looks the coolest! I think I rambled on too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment